Referral Process for New Clients
We, at TBCforCBT have found that the following intake process helps us help you to make better decisions about whether this is the right treatment or therapist for you. Far too many clients have reported starting right off with a new counselor, only to find out that it wasn’t a good match for them, thereby wasting valuable time and money. In addition we want to make sure that we are capable of addressing the specific problems you want help for. We do not assume that all therapists are skilled at treating all problems or that all clients will “click” with all therapists.
New client referral process:
- Call 813-480-8482 for a free initial phone consultation.
- If it sounds like we have the services to help, and you are interested in proceeding to the next step, we will schedule a 90 minute consultation appointment (fee $200.00). There is no commitment to treatment beyond this appointment. You are encouraged to bring a family member, and the goal of this session is to make sure the therapist and the treatment are a good match for you.
- Prior to the consultation appointment, you will be set up with a “patient portal” from our electronic medical record (EMR) called Valant. From there you can fill out and print out the initial paperwork and the therapist assigned to the consultation appointment may send you some questionnaires to fill out ahead of the appointment. You can also find those forms on the website on the link “Valant Patient Portal Link and Forms“. If those forms can’t be printed and filled out for the appointment, please come to the office 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to fill them out. They will be in the waiting room on a clipboard. This will save more time for the consultation.
- During the consultation appointment the therapist will meet with you and will include your family member for parts of the session if you wish. You’ll be asked to share the reasons for seeking counseling, your history of prior treatment, and other pertinent information in order to better understand your situation and needs. In addition, you will be oriented to the types of services we provide. At the end of this session the therapist will provide you with treatment recommendations which may include anything from a referral out, to an offer of a treatment plan within TBCforCBT.
- Once an agreement is made that treatment will start at TBC for CBT, issues such as payment, frequency, scheduling and other initial treatment planning decisions will be decided.
- TBCforCBT does not contract with any insurance companies but if a client has out of network benefits, we will provide you with a billing statement with all the necessary information, so you can submit for reimbursement and we will assist however we can, but we do not submit claims to or receive payments from any insurance companies. Full payment for services is required when the service is rendered. We currently do not take credit cards but there is a PayPal link titled “Make a Payment” on the top of the TBC for CBT website if you would like to pay with a credit card, otherwise we will take cash, check or money orders. There are a limited number of scholarship or reduced fee slots available based on financial need and level of commitment to treatment.
- In order to provide the highest quality of care possible, we often videotape sessions for client and supervisory purposes. In addition, because we are a training center for new therapists, we also may request that a therapy intern attend the consultation appointment or some sessions. Of course, we will ask your consent for these things, and you will have the final say, and it is no problem if you are not comfortable with that.